The World Health Organization (WHO) has changed its timeline tracking the spread of the CCP Virus (coronavirus). The updated timeline shows that the Chinese government did not report the existence of the virus to it in late 2019.
The WHO quietly updated its timeline this week, stating that it discovered the CCP Virus on Dec. 31, 2019, through information posted to a U.S. website by doctors working in Wuhan where the outbreak began, contradicting the agency’s initial statement that said the CCP had reported the information, according to the Washington Free Beacon.
The WHO’s admission came after the House Foreign Affairs Committee’s mid-June Interim Report on Origins of the COVID-19 Pandemic. The committee was led by ranking member and China task force Chairman Rep. Michael McCaul (R, Tex.) The committee concluded that “despite public reporting to the contrary…China never notified the WHO about the outbreak in Wuhan.”
“I’m glad to see the WHO and the Chinese Communist Party have both read my interim report on the origins of the pandemic and are finally admitting to the world the truth—the CCP never reported the virus outbreak to the WHO in violation of WHO regulations,” McCaul said in a statement to the paper. “The question now is whether the CCP will continue their false propaganda campaign that continues to claim they warned the world; or whether they will come clean and begin to work with the world health community to get to the bottom of this deadly pandemic.”
WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus also ignored the early warnings about the human-to-human transmission that Taiwan said it provided to the organization in December 2019. The UN body tweeted on Jan. 14 that “Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission.”
There’s evidence that the CCP covered up the outbreak at its early stages, undercounted cases, silenced whistleblowers and local journalists, and misled the WHO. The GOP report highlighted that Chinese President Xi Jinping knew about the pandemic weeks before the public was warned.
President Donald Trump has said the United States will end its relationship with the WHO and previously threatened to withhold funding for the organization over its handling of the CCP Virus pandemic.
“China has total control over the World Health Organization despite only paying $40 million per year compared to what the United States has been paying which is approximately $450 million a year,” the president said.
“Because they have failed to make the requested and greatly needed reforms, we will be today terminating our relationship with the World Health Organization and redirecting those funds to other worldwide and deserving urgent global public health needs,” he added.
President Trump on Tuesday tweeted that he is becoming increasingly “angry at China” due to the CCP Virus pandemic.
“As I watch the Pandemic spread its ugly face all across the world, including the tremendous damage it has done to the USA, I become more and more angry at China. People can see it, and I can feel it!” the president tweeted.
As I watch the Pandemic spread its ugly face all across the world, including the tremendous damage it has done to the USA, I become more and more angry at China. People can see it, and I can feel it!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 30, 2020